- blog n.
- Website on which an individual or group of users produces an ongoing narrative.
04 05/20117 Reasons Why Having More Than One Domain Name Can Help Your Online Business
Propeller have operated as an iCann registered domain registrar and hosting provider since 2004. We assist many clients worldwide, particularly those hiring Propeller to undertake web design and development.
Make sure you can get the Domain Name FIRST
When deciding on business and domain names, we see people make the same mistakes time and again – most often clients register their business names and commission branding work, often having stationary printed, prior to checking if their preferred domain name is available. This can lead to much rage and despair if their chosen name is not available. Our advice, check and if possible, register the domain name firstâ¦
You can have more than one Domain Name
When deciding to get your company an online presence many business owners make the mistake of purchasing just a single domain name. Over time this can prove costly for a number of reasons. Instead business owners should obtain a variety of domain names for their company.
The main reason for registering more domain names is to enhance your online identity. By registering abbreviations and variations of your company name you will get the advantage of creating many different doorways for customers to walk in to your on-line business. Furthermore you will also protect your company from competitor hijackings that can restrict your online activity.
What are the key benefits of registering more than one domain name?
- Expansion: Should your company go global and branch into international markets then it is important to have country specific domains. It is a well known fact that .com domains rank lower than country specific domains such as .com.au or.co.uk.
- Misspellings: It is important that users can find your site. Allowing for mis-spellings of the name will mean you can direct users who misspell your business name to the right destination instead of sending visitors to an error page.
- Competition: Acquiring more than one domain name for your business will mean avoiding pesky competition from registering a similar domain name and restricting your marketing reach.
- Offers: Registering variants can enable you to market and promote different products and services and even run successful competitions with an offer specific URL.
- Search: A website which has many of domain names attached to it is a lot easier to find. Customers much prefer having more than one way of finding you when searching the internet.
- Brand: Protect your brand and online identity is essential for any online business. Securing a variety of names will inevitably boost your brand presence and prevent other companies hijacking your companyâs essence.
- Traffic: Purchasing keyword rich domains will play a valuable part in your search engine optimisation (SEO) plan and will no doubt increase traffic and search engine discoverability.